Sunday 1 January 2012

Best of Hyde Daily 2011: Runner-up and Full results


Reflections in a Tuba was the close runner-up in the competition for Best of Hyde Daily Photo 2011.

The winning shot can be viewed on Hyde Daily Photo.

Full size versions of all twelve contenders can be found on Best of Hyde 2011

Here are the full results with links to the original postings and comments by the voters.

1st (160 votes) By Captain Clarke's Bridge -- such a classic image of Hyde -- takes me back 50 years well done. -- it demonstrates that the sun occasionally shines! -- for being charming (and I always like reflection shots) -- so scenic and adorns many calendars and booklets of Hyde and district. -- I used to go down by the canal fishing with my dad and often used to play on the bridge. -- served my apprenticeship at Joseph Adamson & Co. walked along the canal to work and under the bridge -- the watery reflections and peacefulness combine to make this a beautiful shot -- . my brother and I played there as children, lovely memory -- A beautiful spot, a beautiful shot.

2nd (155 votes) Reflections in a Tuba -- even if it shows that it was raining in July. -- for being clever, -- for trying something a little different. -- I love a reflection, most people never notice them. -- love the reflections and the persistence despite the rain.

3rd (81 votes) Monochrome Market Street -- Beautiful black and white and my favorite place. -- Modern businesses using the old buildings and shops of days gone by -- Was raised (upper Market St) in Hyde and left 40 years ago (now in California); brings back the feel of the old days (B&W&Grey)

4th (70 votes) Pond at Pole Bank -- We used to go to Pole Bank when we visited my gran at Gee Cross -- An awesome photo; like your others, not only is this one beautiful, it evokes happy memories of childhood.

5th (62 votes) Cycling under the M67 -- truly evocative of so many things.

6th (61 votes) Book Bargains -- Bargain books indeed; even cheaper than a charity shop! -- (still raining in August) -- the market ground because they are changing it once again. -- you have gotta love a market and ya gotta love a bargain.

7th (52 votes) Mothering Sunday Race -- The path the runners were on I now go along to Zion church -- I like the oncoming "tide" of runners coming through the trees and washing around you.

8th (50 votes) Grey Day for Cemetery Chapel I'm partial to well-kept historical buildings. -- for being a good B & W shot -- what a tragedy that the council are going to demolish it.

9th (49 votes) Leaving Hyde Central -- Great picture fantastic depth. -- Great Norbury Street I walked up for years to school -- I used to live on Great Norbury street and remember the steam trains!

10th (40 votes) Wardle Brook Avenue -- the name always makes me shiver as I can't forget the Moors Murderers who once lived there but how it has all changed now.

11th (31 votes) Acorn Hill - so quaint.

12th Wheelie Bins in Tinker's Passage -- I used to walk home along here each time I had been to see my beloved Hyde F.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog