St Stephen's, the parish church of Flowery Field was consecrated in 1891, the foundation stone having been laid nearly two years earlier. The present building was the outcome of a Mission Church (an offshoot from St. Mary's, Newton, started about 1883), and was erected through the munificence of Colonel Ashton, of Newton, and Little Onn, Staffordshire. It is a fine stone building, in the 13th century style of architecture, containing nave and chancel, and boasting a handsome tower and spire of about 120 feet high. The first vicar was the Rev. T. M. Tozer.
The Church closed in July 2011 and worshippers must now attend St Mary's, Newton.
It has been deconsecrated and is for sale at around £180,000.
See also the sign on Hyde Daily Photo.