Two weeks ago I showed you Booth's Well. Last week I showed you Ralph Fold Well. This week I bring you the Village Green Well which is dressed by 2nd Gee Cross Hyde Chapel Rainbows, Brownies & Guides.
They provided the following information:
- Well Dressing 2015
- This year we celebrate Girlguiding World Centres.
- Did you know that every guiding member is a home owner!
- We have four Guide homes in different parts of the world - Our Chalet in Switzerland, Pax Lodge in London, Our Cabana in Mexico, and Sangam in India.
- Each home provides lots of activities for guiding members.
- Sangam, India has peaceful leafy gardens and a refreshing swimming pool. There's a chance to discover Indian life and culture as you explore the nearby town's bustling shops and street markets.
- Our Chalet Switzerland - This was the first World Centre and it opened in 1932. It is high in the Swiss mountains and winter visitors can learn to ski or toboggan. Summer visitors can go for cable rides or take mountain walks to admire the scenery.
- Our Cabana, Mexico opened in 1957. Visitors can take part in regular fiestas held in the great hall and dance to live music. Nearby is a colourful craft market.
- Pax Lodge, London has been a World Centre since 1991 and is the newest of the four world Centres. It is a great place to stay while you explore London.
For photographs from earlier years and links to more information about well dressing see this link.
A contribution to
Monday Mellow Yellows;