Notice attached to a remnant of wall at the bottom end of Wellington Street. It reads
"Highways Act, 1959 Auto-Masters Limited hereby give notice that their land situate to the East of Wellington Street, Hyde, is not dedicated to the public and may not be used by unauthorised persons. (N.B. Wellington Street, Hyde comprises only such area of land as is metalled with stone setts, and is not wider than 3.75 metres at the widest section)"There is a similar notice near the top end of Wellington Street.
Automasters Engineering Works has since been demolished. The land was cleared and is now home to the housing development Moorside Place. See today's post on Hyde Daily Photo.
A contribution to signs, signs.