Thursday, 10 May 2012

Gas pipeline sign

A close view of the gas pipeline sign at the bottom of Church Brow.

See Hyde Daily Photo for a wider view of the context.

Note: this is "natural gas" as used in the UK for cooking, lighting central heating boilers and the like. It is not to be confused with "gasoline" which Americans put in their automobiles. That is here known as "petrol".

A contribution to signs, signs.


  1. at least both phone numbers are easy to remember!

  2. We just call everything "gas" in the US. (Natural, propane, fuel for the car.... the language is richer on your side of the pond ;>)


Search This Blog